Eligibility for Kenaitze Indian Tribal enrollment is governed by Article IV of the Constitution of the Kenaitze Indian Tribe, and Ordinance No. 2016-01.
Kenaitze Indian Tribe Membership Criteria
1. Base Members: The base membership of the Kenaitze Indian Tribe shall consist of:
(1) All persons of Alaska Native descent whose names appear on the membership roll approved by the Department of the Interior on June 21, 1971, and
(2) All direct lineal descendants of those members listed on the June 21, 1971 roll, who are enrolled in the Tribe before the adoption of the Tribal Constitution, who possess at least one-quarter degree Kenaitze Indian blood, and
(3) All individuals who were adopted into the Tribe pursuant to Tribal Ordinance #3, enacted on May 14, 1983 and rescinded on May 26, 1990.
2. Future Members: Any lineal descendant of a base enrollee as set forth in Section 1 of the Tribal Constitution, who has a common bond or close association with the Kenaitze Indian Tribe, as defined in a duly adopted ordinance, may upon application, be enrolled as a member of the Kenaitze Indian Tribe.
• Dual enrollment is prohibited under Article IV, Section 5 of the Tribe’s Constitution.
• Enrollment applications are reviewed by the Enrollment committee on a monthly basis. Incomplete applications will be returned with a list of items needed to complete the application.
• Applicants are not considered Kenaitze Tribal Members until voted on by the general body at the Kenaitze Indian Tribe’s General Membership Meeting which is held the first Saturday in October.
For more information, please call the Kenaitze Tribal Enrollment Officer at 907-335-7204 or use the contact form.
Completed applications and supporting documents can be mailed to:
Kenaitze Indian Tribe
ATTN: Tribal Enrollment Officer
P.O Box 988
Kenai, Alaska 99611