As our customer, you have many rights that we will uphold and also some responsibilities that we hope you will uphold. It is important to us that you feel fairly treated and that you understand your rights and responsibilities.
Your rights are:
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To be provided appropriate privacy.
- To be free from all forms of abuse, harassment and discrimination.
- To be provided, to the degree known, complete information concerning your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis. If it is medically inadvisable to share this information with you, we will provide it to a legally authorized representative or a designee of your choice.
- To have your protected health information disclosures and records treated confidentially.
- To receive a copy of your personal health information. You may request changes be made to correct errors in your records or to add information if any has been omitted. You may also request a list of any disclosures made to your personal health information.
- To participate in decisions regarding your health care, except when participation is not advisable for medical reasons.
- To have your rights posted in a visible location and made available upon request. This posting will include the name, address and telephone number of a representative in the state agency to whom you can report complaints, as well as the website for the Office of Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman.
- To request a change to your care team.
- To place a suggestion, complaint or grievance by requesting that a staff person take verbal feedback. You will be free from any form of retaliation from making a compliant.
Your responsibilities are:
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health, including the use of any medications, over-the-counter products and dietary supplements, as well as any allergies.
- To follow your treatment plan.
- To arrange reliable transportation to and from the Dena’ina Wellness Center if it is required under your treatment plan.
- To inform us of any living wills, medical power of attorneys and other directives that could affect your care.
- To inform us of any changes to your registration information, including your address, phone number, legal name and eligibility of health insurance coverage.
- To provide private insurance information or an alternate resource enrollment (Medicare, Medicaid, Denali KidCare, Veterans Administration or private insurance); and to use those resources when receiving treatment at the Dena’ina Wellness Center.
- To understand your insurance plan and coverage. We are happy to help if you have any questions about your plan.
- To understand our financial policy and accept financial responsibility for any and all portions of your treatment not covered by your insurance to include, but not limited to, co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance.
Please contact us at 907-335-7500 if you have any questions about your rights and responsibilities. Chiqinik! Thank you!