At the Dena’ina Wellness Center, our Therapy Services include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Rolfing® Structural Integration. Therapy Services are available to Alaska Native and American Indian people. Referrals are required to access these services.
There are many benefits to physical therapy, and our staff works with each un’ina on their path toward recovery. We use individualized treatments to facilitate each un’ina’s ability to complete daily tasks and activities with less limitation. Our Physical Therapy team can work with you to treat:
- Neck and lower back pain
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist problems
- Problems with balance or mobility
- Dizziness evaluation and treatment
- Pre- and post-surgery
- Common sprains and muscle strains
- Movement limitations associated with Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Parkinson’s, Cerebral Palsy or other neurological conditions
- Movement limitations associated with developmental delay
- Deconditioning and activity intolerance due to heart disease or long COVID
- Work-related injuries, including repetitive motion injuries and slipping and falling accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Motor vehicle collision injuries
The goal of occupational therapy is to help un’ina develop, improve, or maintain skills to do the things they want and need to do in their day-to-day lives. Occupational Therapy takes a holistic approach to address fine and gross motor, coordination, balance, sensory, psychosocial, and cognitive skills.
Occupational Therapy focuses on maximizing un’ina quality of life, enabling each individual to engage in meaningfuloccupations, or daily activities.
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Women’s health and pelvic floor therapy
- Pregnancy and post-partum
- Neurological disorders
- Upper extremity injury and dysfunction
- Caregiver training
- Driving evaluations
- Wheelchair assessments
- Ergonomic and home safety assessments
Medical Massage Therapy
Medical Massage Therapy can help bring together the physical, spiritual and emotional factors that contribute to your overall well-being.
The goal of Massage Therapy is to release tension in your body to aid in the healing process. Our Massage Therapists use a variety of techniques to help you teach your body to relax.
Your Massage Therapist is part of your care team, and works with other care providers to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Rolfing® Structural Integration
Rolfing® Structural Integration focuses on your body’s connective tissue to help align your muscles and joints, improve your posture, and release tension in your body to alleviate pain and restore flexibility.
- Treatment for migraines, repetitive motion injuries, posture issues, neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, and scoliosis
- Cold laser therapy available for pain and inflammation reduction, and nerve repair