The Kenaitze/Salamatof Tribally Designated Housing Entity and our Housing Assistance Program offer services to a wide range of community members, including students and Elders. We also manage rental units in Kenai available to qualified individuals.
- Emergency Housing – Assistance to families with housing
- Home Rehabilitation Program – Renovations and repairs to improve energy efficiency, safety and health
- Sanding and Snowplowing – Provides safe driveways and walkways during winter
- Student Housing – Helps enrolled students with living arrangement expenses
Please contact us to learn more about these programs.
Indian Housing Block Grant – Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act COVID-19 Housing Assistance
The Kenaitze/Salamatof Tribally Designated Housing Entity has a program for qualified Alaska Native and American Indian people to help with COVID-19 prevention through affordable, safe and sanitary housing.
The maximum request for assistance is up to $1,000 per qualified applicant and is limited to the heads of household in the Tribe’s service area. The program offers:
- Mortgage Assistance – provides mortgage payment assistance to qualified applicants
- Rental Assistance – provides rental payment assistance to qualified applicants
- Utility Assistance – provides utility payment assistance to qualified applicants
Completed applications must be received by the Housing Department no later than 5 p.m. Alaska Time, July 13, 2020.
Applications are available below at or at the Kenaitze Tribally Designated Housing Entity office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is located at 1001 Mission Ave., Suite A, in Old Town Kenai.
For more information please call 907-335-7231.
Imminent Threat CARES Act Grant Program
Kenaitze Indian Tribe is applying for the HUD Indian Community Development Block Grant CARES Act Imminent Threat Program, which is specifically intended to “prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19.” If Kenaitze receives the grant, imminent threat funding will be available to Kenaitze and Salamatof Tribal Members 18 years and older, living in Kenaitze/Salamatof Tribally Designated Housing Entity service area, and who are head of a household. The following documents describe opportunities for citizen participation:
Project Description Summary
HUD Implementation Guidelines
Contact – Location – Hours
1001 Mission Ave.
Kenai, AK 99611
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday